Monday, November 17, 2014

Will Work For Coffee

I'll tell you a "Not So Secret" about myself.

I'm an addict.

If I don't get any...you don't want to be around me.

I need it.

I have to have it in the morning first thing. And then I have to have it when I start to twitch again around 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

That dark...hot...coffee.

I'm talking about coffee. Geez, gutterminds. What did you think I meant?

This month is NaNoWriMo. A few years ago I wrote what would eventually become the book to the right --->

This year, like every November, along with those 50,000 words in 30 days, there are family birthdays to attend, huge high-calorie feasts to consume, and Christmas music to try and avoid. (bahhumbug)

I have to really work to keep myself on track.

I know I have lots of friends that will check in on me and see how I'm doing. They will ask me if I have done my word count for the day, and I don't like telling them no. Having my word count on display for all the world to see is embarrassing, but I can still get the procrastination bug.

The only sure way I get things done is to want to do it for me, and to get myself motivated I bribe myself.

This month I'm rewarding myself with what I'm addicted to.

COFFEE.

I found a great little company that developed "The World's Strongest Coffee." Of COURSE I had to get some of this stuff. Death Wish Coffee Company is a small business that makes FANTASTIC coffee. (Awesome gifts if you are doing some holiday shopping too.)

Best Coffee EVAH!


It was my reward when I hit the 25,000 word mark on my NaNoWriMo novel.

The best part of my reward is that I get a little taste of my accomplishment every morning. Along with clearing the cobwebs and letting me form coherent words from my mouth hole, my coffee now makes me smile.

My reward gives me energy to get more words on the page. It's a win win situation if you ask me.

If you are participating in NaNoWriMo feel free to buddy up with me (I'm Roxy Mews on NaNoWriMo.org).

What do you do to keep yourself motivated?

Comment and chat with me below. I'll check back later. Right now...I'm off to earn my next reward.

~Roxy



6 comments:

  1. I'm like you. If I don't have coffee in the morning, there's no way I'm stringing sentences together, much less writing a novel. :) I'll have to check out that particular brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously the smoothest coffee I have ever tasted. After my day at work today, I'm contemplating another pot. :D

      Delete
  2. My reward for myself is if I have some extra cash is either a book or chocolate or both or a dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All great rewards. I also reward myself with bacon. A killer BLT has been known to give me serious motivation.

      Delete
  3. you know your an addict when your grown kids post coffee memes on your fb and even send them to you in messages, and when your hubby brings you coffee in bed b4 he kisses you when he leaves for work. lol! To keep myself motivated i keep a list of crap i have to accomplish and i go down the list never skip a step or side step a task straight down the list. some days the list is ignored but not many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once read a book called "Eat that frog" (Or something like that. It was a long time ago.)

      Basic premise was that if the worst thing you had to do in a day was eat a frog...put some syrup on that bitch and chow down on your frog first thing in the morning.

      So I put the hardest things at the tops of my lists. Crossing those off feels great.

      I love that your kids send you memes. Now you just need to get them to send you the real thing! LOL.

      Delete