Monday, November 24, 2014

Mommy's Been a Bad, Bad Girl--Guest Eva Siedler


Rough hands glided over her calf, forging a fiery trail up her leg before falling from her skin. She moaned at the loss, begging for the sweet sting of his palm on her—

“Mom, can I have a Popsicle?”

Does this sound like any romance novel you’ve ever read? Yeah, well, me neither. And it sure wasn’t in the parenting brochures.

My friends would tell you that I’m a big fan of sex. A huge, massive, epic kind of fan. But most of my friends are writers. We tend to exaggerate. I won’t deny that I love me some lovin’, but it stopped being the scream-out-loud kind somewhere between “It’s positive!” and “Will he ever stop crying?” At least for the most part.

Every parent has their horror stories about getting busted in the buff. If you have children and it hasn’t happened to you yet, never fear: It will.

My boys are seven and nine. We haven’t had The Talk yet—praise be—but I’m sure it will sound a lot like when my brother got the crash course from the seven-year-old tramp down the street.

He looked up at my parents, hands clasped before him, unmasked hope burning in his wide hazel eyes.



“Please, please tell me you’ve never done that.”

Dad shrugged. “Well, son, I don’t know what to tell you. You’re here, aren’t you?”

My poor, disillusioned brother shook his little head.



“I am so disappointed in you.”

Now, here’s the thing. My parents could have taken that to heart, stifled their love to keep from “disappointing” us further. Or maybe they couldn’t have; I swear they’re part bunny. But they didn’t. They laughed and continued to gross us out with their constant make-out sessions. Hell, they still do.

Some people might say that’s irresponsible parenting. All I know is they were never crude, and my brother and I never had to worry that they would wind up divorced. They wore their love for one another, love on every level, for anyone to see.

So, to all you parents out there who pale at the thought of being interrupted in the middle of a spank session for a Popsicle or who live in fear of your toddler going Hulk and busting down your door, I say perfect the art of the quickie and buy a sturdy lock. Life’s too short to get your panties in a bunch about your sex life. Your sex life’s a lot more fun without the panties, anyway. Don’t let the passion die when that little stinker sniggers on the other side of that locked door and says, “Sounds like Daddy’s getting a spanking.”

Turn to your partner in crime and whisper, “No. But Mommy’s been a bad, bad girl.”



Eva Siedler was born in Columbus, Ohio to parents who enjoy the kind of epic love most people only read about. She didn’t inhale books or scribble stories in a notebook during study hall. Because writing necessitated reading. And she HATED reading. Every paragraph was a battle, and she couldn’t seem to stay awake through the first ten pages. It wasn’t until her own love story unfolded and a colicky baby started keeping her up at night that Eva discovered what good fiction can do for the soul. Writing wasn’t the path she imagined. It’s the path she was born for, and so much better than she could have dreamed.







  
Coastal Airlines mechanic Sebastian Brisbane is on his way to Las Vegas to fix a broken jet. But after one look at his sexy, travel-sized seatmate, he’s more concerned with revving her engine than fixing the plane’s.

Clara Howe will do anything to fulfill her aunt’s last wishes to have her ashes spread in Vegas. A one-night stand isn’t on the itinerary, but when Clara accidentally pricks Sebastian’s temper, along with his passion, only one thing is certain: It’s bound to be a bumpy ride.

AmazonB&NSH

$3.50 $2.45 at Samhain Publishing, but only through this week!
 

4 comments:

  1. I remember having 'the talk' with my daughter. Her response was "eww that is sick and wrong." LOL She's 17 now and still rolls her eyes when she catches her dad and I kissing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My elder son likes to force his way between us and threaten us with legal action as, according to him, kissing is illegal. :)

      Delete
  2. Loved this post. Congrats on the new book!

    ReplyDelete