Tuesday, August 16, 2016

When Project Management Becomes Emergency Management

This is going to be more of a personal blog for me. So bear with me.

Believe it or not...Authors are real people.



via GIPHY

I know. It shocked me too when I became one.

Summer is a busy busy time for me. Family is crawling all over my house like ants discovering a dropped ice cream cone on a sidewalk.

So what did I decide to do during the busiest time of the year? I decided to move. I know exactly what you're all thinking.



via GIPHY

With a new house, comes a lot of coordinating, a lot of paperwork, and in my case, demanded overtime for hubby. The universe wanted me to have a melt-down this summer. LOL.

So I took some time off.

I took a lot of time off.

And although I have had a release with Samhain Publishing this year, I have to say, I don't have any future plans to publish with the company. There are some negotiations that have to occur on the business side of things, and frankly...after my house, I am negotiated out.

So I could put together something in a rush, without half of my brain cells functioning...it would look something like a city burning behind me...



via GIPHY

Or I could take a break. Which is what I've decided/been forced to do.

I won't have anything new out for a little while, but I'm going to try and get back into social media.

Because I miss you guys. A TON.

I have a couple of fun projects I'm working on, and one of them is even a new book. ;)

A new house, a family illness, a more than full-time job, and feeding myself hasn't left much creative juice. (I'm more of a wine gal, anyway.)



via GIPHY

How has your summer been? Did you get a break? Or did the craziness ramp up for you too?

Let's talk about it. And then let's have a glass of wine together. Or if your summer has been like mine, let's break out the moonshine. We deserve it.

~Roxy

2 comments:

  1. I don't have kids and I didn't move, but the summer still seems to get crazy...and I too was a Samhain author... so I'll raise a glass with you. Bourbon, gin, rum, or wine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we deserve them all. LOL. But let's start with the wine. ;)

    ReplyDelete