Saturday, January 18, 2014

Roxy Mews: Spicy, Sexy, Fun

Hello all you lovers of smut with a smile!

I am Roxy Mews.  My writing career is still in its baby phase.  My first book A Love Worth Biting For : Hart Clan Hybrids 1 was released through Samhain Publishing on October 1st, 2013. 

http://store.samhainpublishing.com/love-worth-biting-p-73019.html


A love for erotic romance is what brought me here.  I loved books, but it wasn't until I got my greedy little hands on my first Kindle, that I began to devour them.  Then someone made the comment "This is the dirtiest book I have ever read." and I HAD to read it. 

Then there was no stopping me.  I became a digital hoarder of the sickest degree, and my husband wanted to put my picture on the back of my e-reader at times so he could actually see my face again.  I started emailing my favorite authors and telling them how amazing they are.  Some of them emailed me back! And some I am now very honored to call my friends. 

I went to my first book conference in 2011, and found my people! I never was one to be the social butterfly and be all over the place, but this world of romance writers brought something out in me.  A writer.

I dabbled with short stories and sexy scenes, but it wasn't until I finished my third NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) that I really thought I might have something.

Samhain Publishing was the pub house I wanted more than chocolate covered bacon, and I thought for sure they would turn me down, but when I got the opportunity to send in a manuscript I jumped on it.

I was ready for anything but a yes.  Turns out it didn't matter if I was ready.  They contracted my book.  My writing career has been a whirlwind so far that is just starting to settle down, but I cannot wait to see where this world takes me.

I live in Indianapolis, Indiana with my husband of eleven years.  We have a very busy home and while it is a big struggle to find time for myself, it is also my greatest joy to put words on paper when I find that time.  I hope you will check out my book and any future insanity that leaks from my skull onto paper. 

Thank you for stopping by, and I cannot WAIT to chat with all of you.

~Roxy

RoxyRocksMe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment